13.9.10

Fashion Week Rundown-Pit Stop

If I could use one word to describe the Behnaz Sarafpour spring 2010 RTW collection which debuted last night, I'd have to say, innovative.

I could not believe that on the buttons of her garments she used cherry pits. CHERRY PITS.

She insisted they were well-cleaned.


Sarafpour isn't granola, and its not an environmentally friendly-focused collection, but when asked, the designer said that she wanted to move toward the trend of being environmentally friendly, but still stay luxury. I think its a happy medium toward becoming more sustainable but still staying true to yourself as a designer. Her innovation also displays the rapidly active trend toward environmentally conscious design as it seeps into high-end fashion.

You can visit her website here and learn more about the designer on my designer profile page. If you didn't know, she went to Parsons, did a collection for Target's Go International brand, has designed for Anne Klein, Isaac Mizrahi, Zac Posen, Barney's New York, and has won several awards for her work.





A few of my favorite pieces from the collection:

I love how she made a long dress but still gave it shape and feminine detailing.
I'm really liking the way this shirt hangs. It creates a really feminine shoulder shape.


This is a fun overall outfit but I'm more a fan of the feminine blouse underneath.


I love how this belt is worn wrapped and knotted as opposed to traditionally. I also like that the denim looking fabric has a distinct patterning if you look closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment